The Aged Care Legislation Amendment (New Commissioner Functions) Bill 2019 takes effect from 1 January 2020.
The following functions transition to the Commission:
• aged care compliance and enforcement actions
• compulsory reporting of assaults
• prudential compliance operations
• approving all residential and home care providers
• home care compliance and investigations.
These functions build on the Commission’s existing responsibilities for:
• complaints resolution
• the accreditation, assessment and monitoring of aged care services.