The Home Care Workforce Support Program will assist home and aged care providers to attract, train and retain approximately 13,000 new personal care workers, allied health assistants and enrolled nurses.
Applications are open via GrantConnect and will close 2:00pm, Friday 27 August 2021.
Activities under the program could include:
• screening candidates for suitability
• providing mentoring or support services and communities of practice to new workers
• promoting work placements for students undertaking aged care training
• upskilling existing staff to help them supervise students and new staff
• helping providers to attract and keep staff.