Phase 2 of the Improved Payment Arrangements (IPA) will start from 1 September 2021. This means home care providers will receive funding based on the actual services delivered to their care recipients.
To get ready for IPA Phase 2 you should:
• make sure your claims are up to date with Services Australia:
• submit claims in sequential order (e.g. you must submit a claim for January before you claim for February)
• only one claim can be finalised per day
• submit $0 claims for those months you haven’t provided care to any care recipients
• reconcile the Commonwealth unspent amount for departed care recipients, and continue to report this to Services Australia
• make sure your systems and processes are in place to track and report the value of care and services delivered for each care recipient
• reconcile the Commonwealth portion of unspent funds you are currently holding for each care recipient as at 31 August 2021.