The National Cabinet today announced additional funding of $444.6 million for the aged care sector to ensure the continuity of the aged care workforce. The funding will be used to:
• Provide $234.9 million for a COVID-19 ‘retention bonus’ to ensure the continuity of the workforce for staff in both residential and home care.
• Provide $78.3 million in additional funding for residential care to support continuity of workforce supply.
• Provide $26.9 million to increase the residential and home care Viability Supplements and the Homeless Supplement (including increased viability payments for National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program providers and Multi-Purpose Services).
• Deliver $92.2 million in additional support to home care providers and organisations which deliver the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, including for services such as meals on wheels.
• An extra $12.3 million to support the My Aged Care call centre to respond to the needs of older Australia.