Media Release: 24 Jan 2018
The Turnbull Government will contribute $400,000 over the next two years to innovAGEING, a partnership to drive and promote innovation across Australia’s rapidly growing aged care services industry.
Aged Care Minister Ken Wyatt AM said the funding would be matched by Leading Age Services Australia (LASA), which is coordinating the collaborative project.
“innovAGEING will establish a national network for the aged care services industry, bringing together progressive thinkers and practitioners,” Minister Wyatt said.
“Innovative approaches are fundamental to providing safe, quality, sustainable care in the long term.”
innovAGEING initiatives will include:
• A national awards program to encourage and reward innovation
• Twice-yearly national Aged Care Open Innovations Lab workshops
• Eight innovator speaker events across the country each year
• An 8-week innovation program for established businesses and start-ups to solve aged care industry problems, culminating in a business plan competition
• An online network actively linking participants with experts and business development coaches