As everyone continues to learn more about the new Aged Care Quality Standards and what is going to be expected from 1 July 2019, we will be conducting a ‘Roadshow’ at several different venues.
We recommend you have your key manager(s) attend along with your CEO as this will give you an opportunity to learn more about what is coming and so we can:
• present what the new Rules for residential aged care providers are,
• discuss with you what the new Standards and Requirements are,
• demonstrate how Manad Plus can best be used to document what you are doing to meet the new Standards and Requirements,
• discuss as a group what some organisations have already commenced and put in place for 1 July,
• discuss as a group and share ideas about what organisations are planning to put in place for 1 July,
• discuss as a group how best to meet and prepare for the new Standards and Requirements and new Rules,
• discuss how some organisations plan to go beyond and exceed the Requirments,
• General Q & A
Angelika Koplin from Aged Care Strategies and Support will also be presenting and sharing her knowledge on the new rules and what you need to be prepared for come 1 July.
We hope by the end of the session you will leave with a better understanding of what you need to do over the next few months as we count down to 1 July. As well as hearing some great ideas about how best to engage with your ‘consumers’, how best to train and inform your ‘workforce’ as well as tools that may be of use and that you had not thought of. And most importantly, are you using Manad Plus to best effect to support you in documenting what you are doing so evidence is only a click away.
The dates and venues we have confirmed so far are:
• Western Sydney – Wednesday 27th February
o Carrington Aged Care – 90 Werombi Rd, Grasmere NSW 2570
• Central Coast – Thursday 28th February
o Central Coast Community Care Association – Cnr Cornish Avenue & Wyong Road, Killarney Vale NSW 2261
• Sydney CBD – Friday 1st March
o Mercure Hotel – 818-820 George St, Chippendale NSW 2000
• Gippsland – Thursday 7th March
o Yallambee Aged Care – 1 Matthews Crescent, Traralgon VIC 3844
• Bendigo – Thursday 14th March
o Bendigo Health, Golden Oaks Hall – 11 Stoneham Street, Golden Square VIC 3555
• Shepparton – Thursday 21st March
o Parklake Shepparton – 481 Wyndham Street Shepparton VIC 3630
• Melbourne CBD – Friday 29th March
o Mercure Hotel – Treasury Gardens, 13 Spring Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
• South Australia – April (Exact date TBC)
o Venue TBC
If you would like to attend one of these sessions then please contact your dedicated Manad Plus Client Manager via phone (1300 62 62 32) or their personal email to book who will be attending from your Organisation and which session. Your Client Manager will also be calling (if you haven’t already spoken) to ensure you don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
Please also don’t hesitate to get in touch with your Client Manager if you need support or have suggestions for new features you would like us to look at. Your Client Manager is here to help and support you and your staff wherever they can to ensure you are getting the most out of Manad Plus and using all the features as they were designed.
We look forward to seeing all of you at one of our Roadshows.
Standards 1-8 (.pdf)
Standards Factsheet 1-8 (.pdf)
(Note: This is not a prescribed template and you can undertake a self-assessment in your preferred format).