MindSpot offers a ‘Wellbeing Plus’ online course for people 60+ years. It aims to help older adults learn to manage stress, anxiety, worry, low mood and depression. The course was funded by a grant from beyondblue.
What is involved?
The Wellbeing Plus course consists of five lessons over an eight-week period. It is designed to provide you with the information and skills that you would normally receive from a mental health professional. You can choose to receive weekly therapist support during the course, or you can choose to contact us when you need to. The course aims to help people break unhelpful habits and learn the following core psychological skills:
• How to recognise the cycle of symptoms involved in anxiety and depression
• How to recognise and challenge unhelpful thoughts and beliefs
• How to recognise and manage physical symptoms of anxiety and depression
• How to gain confidence by learning to safely confront things you have been avoiding
• How to stay well once the course has finished
Who is this course for?
The Wellbeing Plus Course is recommended for people who:
• Are 60 years of age or older
• Are Australian residents
• Experience low mood, depression, stress, social anxiety, panic attacks or general worry
• Have at least four hours a week to spend working on the course and practising the skills