Meaningful Ageing Australia is pleased to announce the release of the National Guidelines for Spiritual Care in Aged Care.
The Guidelines are based on the principles of a whole-of-organisation approach, valuing relational care, affirming that spiritual care is everyone’s business, and that spiritual care is about growth and flourishing.
The Guidelines put forward five domains of spiritual care, with ten outcomes under each domain:
1. Organisational leadership and alignment
2. Relationships and connectedness
3. Identifying and meeting spiritual needs
4. Ethical context of spiritual care
5. Enabling spiritual expression