The quality indicator for unplanned weight loss has two categories:
• significant unplanned weight loss
• consecutive unplanned weight loss.
Further to the guidance issued by the department on 18 July 2019 on the collection of data for significant unplanned weight loss. This guidance relates to the data collection requirements for consecutive unplanned weight loss in the first quarter:
• providers must collect data for the consecutive unplanned weight loss category
• providers that did not collect data for the quarter before the start of the National Aged Care Mandatory Quality Indicator Program do not need to report the consecutive unplanned weight loss data due on 21 October 2019
• the data collected from the first quarter will be used as a comparison for the second quarter 1 October – 31 December 2019 due for submission to the Department of Health by 21 January 2020.