The Royal Commission will hold a preliminary hearing in Adelaide in December 2018.
The Commission has written to the 100 largest providers of age services nationally asking them to submit a range of information by 7th January.
All other service providers will be asked to submit information at a later date in February.
Some of the questions asked:
• Since 1 July 2013, have there been any occasions when your service or outlet has provided substandard care, including mistreatment and all forms of abuse?
• Since 1 July 2013, has your service or outlet received any complaints or had complaints made about them in relation to substandard care, including mistreatment and all forms of abuse?
• Since 1 July 2013, what (if anything) has your service or outlet done: (a) to ensure that the services it provides are of high quality and safe?
• As at 30 June 2018, did your service or outlet provide services to people younger than 65?
• Does your service or outlet experience difficulties in accessing health care for care recipients?
• What further changes (if any) could your service or outlet make to provide services of higher quality and greater safety and to improve individual outcomes?
Manad Plus users should be able to find a lot of this data easily if you have been documenting everything, see:
• Feedback (Complaint records)
• Adverse Events (Incident records)
• Personnel Courses & Personnel Communication
• Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Plans
• Case Conference
• Birthday Report