It has been a busy month for Aged Care news. Below are Media Releases by the Minister.
• A draft single charter outlining the rights of aged care consumers, regardless of their subsidised care type, is now open for public consultation.
• Millions of senior Australians are set to benefit from stronger aged care quality standards, as the Australian Government’s comprehensive aged care overhaul moves into top gear.
• A blueprint for the aged care sector to rapidly grow Australia’s professional aged care workforce – estimated to require almost one million workers by 2050 – has been developed by an industry-led expert taskforce.
• Like anyone who watched last night’s Four Corners program, I was absolutely appalled by the lack of care shown for some of Australia’s most vulnerable citizens.
• The community can have its say on the Terms of Reference of the Royal Commission into the Aged Care Sector with an online feedback tool now available.
• The past year has seen a 23 per cent increase in the number of complaints received by the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner.