The Aged Care (Single Quality Framework) Reform Act 2018, which lays the foundation for the introduction of the new Aged Care Quality Standards, was passed by Parliament.
Now that this has occurred, we will be adding these new references (Standards and Outcomes) to an updated version of Manad Plus v5.6 before the end of the year.
This will allow those who wish to start creating their own internal Audit tools (in preparation of 1 July 2019) to map your templates to the new Outcomes. You will also be able to map these to your Meetings and CQI Plans.
We discussed at our most recent User Group Meetings the many features and areas already available in Manad Plus where you can start recording data (if not already using these features) to support the new July-2019 outcome requirements. Such has:
• Documenting choice in assessments
• Tracking of individual consumer schedules and completion of these task in the Organiser
• Recording consumer involvement and/or authorisation in assessment/care plan creation
• Case Conferences
• Tracking and managing Risks
• Documenting Feedback correctly
• Linking key events/data to your CQI Plan
If you were not able to attend the User Group Meetings or are still unsure of the current features available to you and your staff that will assist in the outcome requirements commencing next year then please call (1300 62 62 32) and speak with your dedicated Manad Plus Client Manager, they will be able to take you through these key areas.
We are here to help and support all our users during this transition period to:
• align your various systems, policies and practices with the new standards and where Manad Plus can be used, and
• support your staff to understand the requirements of the new standards and how Manad Plus is best utilised.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or suggestions for new features you would like us to look at to support the upcoming changes.
The Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (AACQA) is also reviewing the self-assessment tools currently available on their website to assist approved providers with self-auditing of practices and processes against the Standards. A revised tool will be piloted to align with the new Aged Care Quality Standards and will hopefully be available on the AACQA website before the end of 2018 for everyone to access.
Version 5.6 has now been available for a few months now, are you still yet to upgrade from v5.5? if you haven’t then please contact the Help Desk team to arrange for the latest version to be pushed out to your server, email@example.com